April 06, 2006

Not Too Bad, Not Too Good

April 6, 2006

Daddy (reading a story book): “And remember to give one fourth of your money to God.”
Po: You know God punishes you if you are bad.
Daddy: He does? How does He do that?
Po: In Doraemon there is a God stick and if you’re bad He beats you with the stick.
Daddy: Wow, has He ever beaten you?
Po: No.
Daddy: You’re not bad?
Po: Yes, I’m a little bad.
Daddy: What does God do if you are good?
Po: He drops lots of candy on your house instead of rain.
Daddy: Has He dropped lots of candy on your house?
Po: I’m not that good. You have to be really good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuti Jain said...

Its interesting that this kid does not really harbor too many illusions about himself.
Once he had told me he is the champion of some game. Yesterday, I was trying to hype him up asking - so Powie, aren't you the champion of all games?
He said - No, there are games which are hard and I don't understand. I am not the champion of those games because I can not play them. I am the champion of games that are easy.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Stuti Jain said...

No kidding him :)

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home