December 15, 2006

The Bond

May 12, 2006

This is during the effort of getting Po used to his own bed in his own room – we love the Po, but sometimes mommy and daddy like some mommy daddy time.

Po: Am I punished?
Daddy: No.
Po: Then why are you making me sleep in this room?
Daddy: This is your room.
Po: But I want to sleep next to the mommy.
Daddy: Oh, alright, go to the mommy.
Po: But I want you to come. I want both of you to be there.
Daddy: Ok, I’ll come with you.
Po: If I don’t sleep next to the mommy then she will stop loving me.
Daddy: Powie, mommy loves you a lot all the time and she will never stop loving you.
[a few seconds pass]
Daddy: Hey Powie, you know, mommy and you share a special bond.
Po: What is a bond?
Daddy: A bond is a kind of love. You were inside mommy tummy and you and mommy were so close that you share a special bond that no one else can share.
Po: But how about you daddy?
Daddy: Well I was never inside the mommy… Um, ok, I was, but that’s different.
Po: Were you inside your mommy? My thama?
Daddy: Yes, yes, I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home