March 28, 2006

Delhi

August 24, 2005

Po: Daddy can you come to pick me up from school today?
Daddy: Not today, baby.
Po: But mommy’s going to Bombay today so you have to pick me up.
Daddy: Mommy’s going at night so she’ll be able to pick you up today. Daddy will pick you up on Thursday. And Powie, Daddy’s going to Delhi on Friday early morning so Nibha mashi will dress you and send you to school and Dadu will pick you up. Daddy will come back at night and squish the Powie.
Po: Will you come back before I eat dinner?
Daddy: No, I’ll come back after you finish dinner.
Po: How do you know?
Daddy: Well, I know the time the flight lands.
Po: Are you going to fly over Delhi?
Daddy: Yes, I’ll have to fly over Delhi to land there.
Po: I like the name Delhi. I want to change my name to Delhi.
Daddy: You want to change your name to Po-Delhi?
Po: Nooooo! I want to change my name from Arya to Delhi. Can you tell mommy?
Daddy: (takes out his computer to write this down before he forgets)
Po: Are you going to write it on the computer?
Daddy: Yes Po.
Po: And is mommy going to read it on her computer?
Daddy: Yes Po.
Po: (peering at the screen as daddy is typing) Where have you written Delhi? Have you written Delhi? Why aren’t you writing Delhi? When are you going to write Delhi? It’s not “Po!” It’s pee-wee. How do you spell pee-wee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home